22nd March 2011 – Ottawa, ON – (Kazor.com) – After following our advice on choosing a location radius that suits your needs, the following to aspects you should take into consideration are general location safety, average cost of apartments, and availability.
1. It is important to take the time and look into the level of safety that an area offers. Consider your living situation, and the level of safety you feel is required to live comfortably. For instance, you may feel more comfortable living in a family oriented community if you have children, versus living in a student occupied area.
2. Put some time into researching the areas you are considering, and rate each one from 1 to 10, 1 being least safe, 10 being most safe. Some aspects to consider are whether or not the community has a neighborhood watch or safety program in place, or if there are any near by police institutions.
3. One example of a safety program in place is called the “Crime Free Multi Housing Program”. This is prevalent in the Ottawa area and CLV Group(http://www.clvgroup.com/) has many locations with this sought after status
1. Once you have a general area in mind, look into whether or not there are many options available for rent. Some areas may be largely residential, but may only have single homes. Other areas may have more options such as low-level apartments, high-rise apartments, duplexes, town homes, or other renting options. Though you may be set on a location, if there are no renting options available then you’ll have to start looking at different area radii you’ve selected.
2. Rate each area from 1 to 10, 1 being hardly any renting options available, 10 being many options available.
1. Research the radius areas you’ve chosen to find out general price ranges for the kind of unit you are looking for.
2. Rate each location from 1 to 10, 1 being not close to your approximate rental price for the kind of unit you want, 10 being almost exactly the cost you can afford for the kind of unit you are looking for.
If you are lucky, once you’ve followed these steps, it will become far clearer to you where you should be looking to rent. The ideal location would be a location within one of the radii you’ve selected, which has a high average area code (combining safety, availability, and cost ratings). At this point you will also have to consider which factors are more important to you, however by having a map out with each area rated, the decision process should be far easier.
Note for Editor:
CLV Construction and Development conducts comprehensive project management through trust and integrity.
CLV Group Ottawa – Your Full Service Real Estate Provider. Choose Toronto Apartments for Rent & Townhomes for Rent from over 7200 units of CLV Group.
T.613-728-2000 | Toll Free 877-728-3003 | F. 613-728-1107
485 BANK STREET | SUITE 200 | OTTAWA | ON | K2P 1Z2