According to the study:
- 61% of drivers surveyed admitted that they text and drive
- 33% admitted emailing while driving
- 28% admitted surfing the internet while driving
- 27% admitted using Facebook while driving
- 17% admitted snapping a photo or selfie while driving
- 14% admitted using Twitter while driving
- 14% admitted using Instagram while driving
- 12% admitted shooting video while driving
- 11% admitted using Snapchat while driving
- 10% admitted using video chat while driving
This is obviously a concerning trend. As we find more and more uses for smartphones, it appears that we’re also creating more and more ways to drive in a distracted manner.
That’s bad news for all of us.